You learn new things all the time when you marry someone from a different country and culture. I, for example, had never heard of Old English cheese until I married a girl from the south. She insists they always have this crab dip for Christmas Eve, so here we are blending the Polish North with the Good Ole South. This is by far the quickest and easiest recipe I have posted for this Christmas Eve feature, and is perfect for passive snacking while the games are on this Sunday. So sit back, relax for a bit. Pour yourself a tall glass of wine, or a festive cocktail, and bask in the absolute insanity of the holiday season!
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 5 oz container Old English cheese
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- 6 oz canned crab meat, rinsed
- 12 English Muffins cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Mix first six ingredients together in a bowl
- Spread mixture on portions of English Muffin
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes
- Place on the coffee table, and request that no one speaks to you for at least 30 minutes. If anyone needs you, you’ll be drinking a cocktail in the bathroom like an adult!